While we want to be an open and welcoming community, Traveling Rock is an indigenous space, first and foremost. Our mission is to create a community where indigenous people can express ourselves, and explore and celebrate our cultures and communities, through the creative medium of Second Life RP, without having our voices overpowered by people who misappropriate Native cultures and identities with no genuine connection to our communities. Therefore, certain aspects of our community require users to apply for membership. These membership levels are referenced throughout this document, so they are defined here.
Traveling Rock Citizen
This is the role given to anyone who has been verified as an indigenous/Aboriginal/Native person by the administration. Traveling Rock Citizens ("TR Citizens") have full access to the features and amenities of Traveling Rock, whether they have homes within our borders or not. TR Citizens are not even required to RP with us, though they are certainly encouraged to do so, since that's our core purpose. To apply for citizenship, contact an administrator for details. To qualify for citizenship, you must be an enrolled member of a federally-recognized tribe (or equivalent in your tribe's country), or you must have genuine cultural connections to federally-recognized tribe (or equivalent in your tribe's country), as determined by our administrators.
- Priority access to have a home in Traveling Rock, either alone or for themselves and members of their household/RP family.
- Priority access to rent commercial space in Traveling Rock to run a business/storefront.
- Priority access to RP jobs with Traveling Rock government agencies (TRMS, TRFED, DMV, DOT, etc) and some member-owned businesses/organizations.
- Display of their tribe's flag/symbols by Traveling Rock government agencies.
- Option to register vehicles with license plates representing their tribe instead of using Traveling Rock license plates (design services for this are available upon request, at no cost).
- Prerequisite for all members of the Traveling Rock Administrative Council.
Traveling Rock Resident
This role ("TR Resident") is given to anyone who has a home in Traveling Rock. At least one member of every household must be a TR Citizen, and that person will be considered the primary tenant/head of household in our land management systems. Beyond that, however, there are no restrictions or special qualifications on TR Resident status, and the head of household can add or remove TR Residents at any time.
Special Exception: Since we don't want to evict or alienate people unnecessarily, anyone who was a resident of Traveling Rock's predecessor communities prior to June 30, 2018 qualifies for TR Resident status, even if they are not a TR Citizen or part of a TR Citizen's household. If you do not know what this means, it does not apply to you. Contact Natasha Petrichor directly for more information.
- Has a home in Traveling Rock.
- Able to rent commercial space in Traveling Rock to run a business/storefront. This is only available to TR Citizens and TR Residents.
- Access to RP jobs with Traveling Rock government agencies (TRMS, TRFED, DMV, DOT, etc) and some member-owned businesses/organizations.
- Prerequisite for non-RP management roles within Traveling Rock.
Traveling Rock Visitor
This term ("TR Visitor") encompasses several different roles within our community, but for the purposes of the aspects of our community that are only available to TR Citizens and TR Residents, they're all pretty much the same. There are no restrictions on who may visit Traveling Rock, and TR Visitors are encouraged and expected to be in-character while in Traveling Rock.